As many of you may have heard the Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center (CPAC) has begun a project to collect copies of formal complaints filed with the State Department of Education and the responses parents have received. In the past weeks, many of you have responded and we wanted to say thank you, however we need more. Learn more>>
Through the period of March 2, 2016 to May 1, 2016 Connecticut's Annual State Application for Federal Fiscal Year 2016 (FFY16) is available to view at the Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center located at 338 Main Street in Niantic, Connecticut along with several other locations. Learn more>>
Study on Relaxation and Guided Imagery Intervention for Parents of Children with Developmental Disabilities
The purpose of this study is to explore if using relaxation and guided imagery recording every day can help parents of children with developmental disabilities to reduce the feelings of anxiety, stress and depression as well as improve the quality of their sleep. Learn more>>
Applications are now available for the 2016 Youth Leadership Forum for Students with Disabilities. This year the forum will be taking place on July 25-28, 2016. Learn more>>
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) was signed by President Obama on December 10, 2015, and represents good news for our nation’s schools. This bipartisan measure reauthorizes the 50-year-old Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), the nation’s national education law and longstanding commitment to equal opportunity for all students. Learn more about ESSA>>
If your child has special needs... We are here to help!
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center, Inc. (CPAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization that offers information and support to families of children with any disability or chronic illness, age birth to 26.
All of CPAC's Services are FREE for families. Contact us at 1-800-445-2722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a few moments to let us know how we're doing: CPAC Satisfaction Survey
Learning, Caring and Having Fun: One Mom's Advice for a New Parent of a Child with a Disability A huge thank you to Kristen for sharing her experiences raising a child with many disabilities and offering advice for other parents of young children.
Support CPAC Through AmazonSmile
You can now support Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center while shopping for your favorite products on AmazonSmile! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to CPAC whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. Visit smile.amazon.com and select Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center to get started!
- April 29, 2016Technology Training(Norwalk, CT)
- April 30, 2016Parent Leadership Conference(East Hartford, CT)
- April 30, 2016Kindergarten Grande Finale Celebration(Hartford, CT)
- May 2, 2016Bookshare: A Conversation with President Betsy Beaumon(Westport, CT)
- May 3, 2016Building on the Spectrum(Newington, CT)
- May 4, 2016Endangered Play, Endangered Development: Why Play is Even More Important in the 21st Century(New Haven, CT)
- May 6, 2016Your Rights, A Discussion(Waterford, CT)
- May 6, 2016Thompson's 10th Annual Early Childhood Fair(North Grosvenordale, CT)
- May 9, 2016Connecticut Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems (ECCS) Action Plan Community Discussions(North Haven, CT)