Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) in Richmond, VA is conducting a study on employment goals, barriers, and facilitators for young adults with physical disabilities and would like to find out some more information about how young adults find information on employment services and supports. Learn more>>
On Wednesday, March 6th, at the Connecticut State Department of Education meeting, an interesting report on school discipline was presented in regards to how schools in Connecticut are supporting all children in public schools. Learn more>>
Connecticut State Department of Education Announces New Bureau Chief for the Bureau of Special Education
CPAC, like so many other parents and professionals, in Connecticut, welcomes the new Bureau Chief of Special Education, Dr. Isabelina Rodriguez. Dr. Rodriguez assumed her position on Friday, March 20, 2015.Learn more>>
Recommendations for Legislative Action from the Special Education Working Group of the MORE Commission
In February 2015, the Special Education Working Group of the MORE Commission created recommendations for legislative action for the Connecticut General Assembly that include the IEP, improving services for students with language related disabilities, transition services, parent training and advocacy and several others. Learn more>>
If your child has special needs... We are here to help!
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center, Inc. (CPAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization that offers information and support to families of children with any disability or chronic illness, age birth to 26.
All of CPAC's Services are FREE for families. Contact us at 1-800-445-2722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a few moments to let us know how we're doing: CPAC Satisfaction Survey
Learning, Caring and Having Fun: One Mom's Advice for a New Parent of a Child with a Disability A huge thank you to Kristen for sharing her experiences raising a child with many disabilities and offering advice for other parents of young children.
Support CPAC Through AmazonSmile
You can now support Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center while shopping for your favorite products on AmazonSmile! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to CPAC whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. Visit smile.amazon.com and select Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center to get started!
- March 30, 2015Steps to Success Toolkit Training(Waterbury, CT)
- March 31, 2015Dyslexia 101(Hartford, CT)
- April 1, 2015The Transition Process: From Birth to Three to Special Education(Waterbury, CT)
- April 2, 2015Trusting Family-Professional Partnerships: Preventing, Resolving, and Moving Beyond Disputes(Webinar)
- April 2, 2015Autism Connecting the Dots(Middletown, CT)
- April 6, 2015Developing the IEP(Plainfield, CT)
- April 7, 2015Using "Soft Skills" to Successfully Advocate for Your Special Education Student(Bristol, CT)
- April 12-18, 2015Week of the Young Child 2015: Celebrating Our Youngest Learners
- April 13, 2015Mental Health Issues(New London, CT)