Effective July 1, 2015, the Connecticut Legislature passed a new legislation for PA 15-141 that places significant restraint and seclusion in Connecticut schools. This new legislation provides revisions to previous restraint and seclusion legislation, the implementation of which is further articulated in the current Special Education Regulations related to restraint and seclusion in schools. Learn more>>
On September 9, 2015, a memorandum from the State of Connecticut Department of Education updated clarification regarding how each district should count hours for time with nondisabled peers (TWNDP) as it relates to students with disabilities (SWD) in various educational settings. Learn more>>
The Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center has been approved by the U.S. Department of Education to continue to serve as Connecticut's Parent Training and Information Center (PTI). Learn more>>
The checklist includes questions and resources that parents and caregivers can use to help ensure their children are getting the education they deserve. It suggests key questions, tips for educational success, and resources for more information. Learn more>>
If your child has special needs... We are here to help!
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center, Inc. (CPAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization that offers information and support to families of children with any disability or chronic illness, age birth to 26.
All of CPAC's Services are FREE for families. Contact us at 1-800-445-2722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a few moments to let us know how we're doing: CPAC Satisfaction Survey
Learning, Caring and Having Fun: One Mom's Advice for a New Parent of a Child with a Disability A huge thank you to Kristen for sharing her experiences raising a child with many disabilities and offering advice for other parents of young children.
Support CPAC Through AmazonSmile
You can now support Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center while shopping for your favorite products on AmazonSmile! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to CPAC whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. Visit smile.amazon.com and select Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center to get started!
- October 5, 2015Is My Child Making Progress?: Understanding Progress Monitoring(Darien, CT)
- October 9-11, 2015Research and Retreat Weekend(Fitchburg, MA)
- October 9, 2015Slow Readers, Fast Thinkers: It Takes a Dyslexic Brain(New Haven, CT)
- October 16, 2015Dyslexia and our Schools: CT's Changing Legal Landscape(Westbrook, CT)
- October 17, 2015A Saturday Seminar Series: Parent Advocacy Boot Camp(Willington, CT)
- October 19, 2015The Journey Begins...Understanding the Special Education Process(Norwalk, CT)
- October 21, 2015Understanding FAPE: A Special Education Law Primer for Parents(Willington, CT)