Students raising their hands in a classroom

The Referral Process for Special Education in Connecticut

When a child is struggling in school and suspected of having a possible disability and need for special education and related services, a referral for special education may be made.  This referral should be made in writing to the school.  The CT State Department of Education has a standard form, ED621, that can be filled out and given to the school.  If you have questions on how to fill out the form, please contact the Child Find Project.

For more information about the referral process for special education, please click on the link below which will lead you to a flow chart of the basic steps to receiving special education services in Connecticut when a disability is suspected.

© Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center | Sitemap

CT Web Design by Brown Bear Creative