Materials & Publications
Some of CPAC’s publications are available online or in hard copy upon request. Supplies are limited and therefore, not all publications are available at all times.
- Connecting Connecticut
- Disability Awareness: Books for Children
- Guide to Educational Terms (Guía de Términos Educativos)
- Steps to Success Toolkit: Understanding an Effective Individualized Education Program (IEP): How to Know if Your Child is Making Progress (En Espanol)
- Stepping Forward: A Self-Advocacy Guide for Middle and High School Students
- Who Can Help: Support for Connecticut Families Who Have Children with Disabilities
Other Agency Publications
Below are some links to publications created by other agencies. To request a hard copy, please contact the organization by which it was created. To request a publication from the CT State Department of Education, please contact the State Education Resource Center (SERC) at 1-800-842-8678.
- A Parent’s Guide to Special Education In Connecticut
- Basics for Parents: Your Child’s Evaluation
- Bringing Knowledge to the Table: How To Be An Effective Advocate For Your Child
- Building a Bridge: A Resource Manual for High School Students
- IEP Checklist for Parents
- IEP Manual and Forms
- Choose Success: A Guide to Public School Choice for Students and Their Families
- School Expulsions Booklet
- Special Education Mediation: A Guide for Parents
- Steps to Success: Communicating with Your Child’s School
Below is a list of booklets, information sheets and other helpful written materials that CPAC has created and compiled from other educational organizations.